Re: 2022-05-12 release announcement draft

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: 2022-05-12 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/9/22 9:43 AM, Euler Taveira wrote:
> On Sun, May 8, 2022, at 5:51 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please see attached draft for the 2022-05-12 release announcement.
> LGTM.
>
>> Please provide feedback on accuracy and if there are any notable
>> omissions.
> * Several fixes for `contrib/pageinspect` to improve overall stability.
> * Disable batch insertion in `contrib/postgres_fdw` when
> `BEFORE INSERT ... FOR EACH ROW` triggers exist on the foreign table.
>
> Should you omit 'contrib'? You mentioned ltree but don't say
> 'contrib/ltree'. It
> also isn't used in a previous release announcement (see postgres_fdw).
>

> [1]
> https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/postgresql-142-136-1210-1115-and-1020-released-2402/
> <https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/postgresql-142-136-1210-1115-and-1020-released-2402/>

Hm, it looks like this is inconsistent with other announcements, as
those have the "contrib" prefix[1][2].

I think in this specific case, `ltree` is the data type found in the
`contrib/ltree` extension.

You raise a good point, which is in the release announcement, should we
prefix contrib modules with "contrib"? Perhaps instead of shorthand we
spell it out, e.g. "Several fixes for the `pageinspect` module..."

Jonathan

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/postgresql-134-128-1113-1018-9623-and-14-beta-3-released-2277/
[2]