Initdb problem installing 8.1.3-1 on winXP

От Ryan
Тема Initdb problem installing 8.1.3-1 on winXP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have been running 8.0 on this Windows XP machine for some time now
without problem. I decided I would upgrade the machine to 8.1 before
starting my next project. I tried running the upgrade.bat file that
comes with 8.1 however it failed to run for some reason or another.
Instead I uninstalled 8.0 and tried to do a fresh install of 8.1.

The 8.1 refuses to complete giving me "Failed to run initdb: 1!" when
it gets to the point of creating the database. The initdb.log file
contains the following information:

===============: initdb.log
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

fixing permissions on existing directory C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data ... ok
creating directory C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data/global ... ok
creating directory C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data/pg_xlog ... ok
creating directory C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data/pg_xlog/archive_status ... ok
creating directory C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data/pg_clog ... ok
creating directory C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data/pg_subtrans ... ok
creating directory C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data/pg_twophase ... ok
creating directory C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data/pg_multixact/members ... ok
creating directory C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data/pg_multixact/offsets ... ok
creating directory C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data/base ... ok
creating directory C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data/base/1 ... ok
creating directory C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data/pg_tblspc ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 10
selecting default shared_buffers ... 50
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data/base/1 ...
child process was terminated by signal 1
initdb: removing contents of data directory "C:/apps/PostgreSQL8.1/data"

I have tried removing the postgres user and letting the installer
create it, installing to different directories, ect without any luck.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Ryan