Re: Patch committers

От Nikhil Sontakke
Тема Re: Patch committers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> True, but even I avoid patches I don't understand, and "practicing" by
> applying them could lead to a very undesirable outcome, e.g.
> instability.

How about having a staging server to help around novice committers?
Basically the selected new band of people can take a patch, review it
and if they deem it fit for checkin, they could check it into the
staging server.

Then they should try out the regression runs (we do have very few test
cases) and other sanity checks to ensure that things are sane.
Probably the buildfarm infrastructure can also be used to run against
this staging server on all platforms.

That ways, we can avoid the initial instability upto some extent and
then noob committer can then muster courage to atleast tell the
core-committers what they think about the staged patch commit.

Regards,
Nikhils
--
http://www.enterprisedb.com