Re: Inserting into the blob

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Inserting into the blob
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/9/19 10:06 AM, Igor Korot wrote:
> Hi, Adrian,
>
> On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 11:14 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 6/9/19 8:28 AM, Igor Korot wrote:
>>> Hi, ALL,
>>> How do I insert the png file (content, not a name) into the BLOB field
>>> in the table i PostgreSQL DB?
>>
>> Are you talking about this data type?:
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/datatype-binary.html
>>
>> Or this?:
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/largeobjects.html
>
> Which one is best to hold an images of unknown size?

Probably bytea as it is easier to work with overall.

>> What client/language are you using?
>
> psql if possible.

Take a look at(NOTE: need to be superuser):

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/functions-admin.html

pg_read_binary_file is similar to pg_read_file, except that the result
is a bytea value; accordingly, no encoding checks are performed. In
combination with the convert_from function, this function can be used to
read a file in a specified encoding:

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com