Re: ZFS filesystem - supported ?

От E-BLOKOS
Тема Re: ZFS filesystem - supported ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/26/2021 4:42 PM, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> On 10/26/21 05:35, Laura Smith wrote:
>> Curious, when it comes to "traditional" filesystems, why ext4 and not
>> xfs ? AFAIK the legacy issues associated with xfs are long gone ?
>
> XFS is not being very actively developed any more. Ext4 is being
> actively developed and it has some features to help with SSD space
> allocation. Phoronix has some very useful benchmarks:
>
> https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-5.14-File-Systems
>

> Ext4 is much better than XFS with SQLite tests and almost equal with
> MariaDB test. PostgreSQL is a relational database (let's forget the
> object part for now) and the IO patterns will be similar to SQLite and
> MariaDB. That benchmark is brand new, done on the kernel 5.14. Of
> course, the only guarantee is doing your own benchmark, with your own
> application.

RedHat and Oracle are mostly maintaining XFS updates, and I didn't see
anything saying it's not mainained actively,
especially when they offering many solutions with XFS as default

--
E-BLOKOS

От: Michael Lewis
Сообщение: Re: Need recommendation on PARALLEL INDEX SCAN and PARALLEL APPEND
От: Mitar
Сообщение: Re: Determining if a table really changed in a trigger