Re: Effects of setting linux block device readahead size

От Scott Carey
Тема Re: Effects of setting linux block device readahead size
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Sorry, I forgot to mention the Linux kernel version I'm using, etc:

2.6.18-92.1.10.el5 #1 SMP x86_64
CentOS 5.2.

The "adaptive" read-ahead, as well as other enhancements in the kernel, are taking place or coming soon in the most recent stuff.  Some distributions offer the adaptive read-ahead as an add-on (Debian, for example).  This is an area where much can be improved in Linux http://kerneltrap.org/node/6642
http://kernelnewbies.org/Linux_2_6_23#head-102af265937262a7a21766ae58fddc1a29a5d8d7

I obviously did not test how the new read-ahead stuff impacts these sorts of tests.