Re: Disable WAL logging to speed up data loading

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Disable WAL logging to speed up data loading
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2020-10-29 at 00:07 +0000, osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com wrote:
> > Sorry for the noise, and I am beginning to think that this is actually a useful
> > feature.
>
> No problem at all.
> Probably, for some developers, was the name "none" confusing ?

No, I think that "none" is quite accurate.

The worry is that it makes it quite easy for people to end up with
a crashed database that cannot start - at the very least there should be
warnings in the documentation and postgresql.conf that are as dire as
for "fsync = off".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe