Re: on error resume next

От Jasmin Dizdarevic
Тема Re: on error resume next
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

that's not really that what i need. I think i will solve it on client side.

thank you.
jasmin

2009/7/31 Andreas Wenk <a.wenk@netzmeister-st-pauli.de>
Jasmin Dizdarevic wrote:
hi,
 can i use savepoints to realize something like "on error resume next"?
 i've got the following situation:
 begin;
1. create view user001.accounts as select * from base.accounts;
2. grant select on user001.accounts to loginuser001;
commit;
 begin;
3. create view user002.accounts as select * from base.accounts;
4. grant select on user002.accounts to loginuser002;
commit;
  my goal is to avoid execution stop, if one of the transactions fail.
let's say line 1 throws an error it should go further to line 3.
 any ideas?
 thank you.
 jasmin

AFAIK it's not possible. A transaction is kind of a container with a positive or negative result. If one of the queries fails in between a transaction, it will be rolled back after a commit. What you can do with savepoints is the following:

usage=# CREATE TABLE test (id serial, content text);
usage=# BEGIN;
usage=# INSERT INTO test (content) VALUES ('first stuff');
usage=# SAVEPOINT s1;
usage=# INSERT INTO test (content) VALUES ();
ERROR:  syntax error at or near ")"
usage=# ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT s1;
ROLLBACK
usage=# SELECT * FROM test;
 id |   content
----+--------------
 1 | first stuff
(1 row)

usage=# COMMIT;
COMMIT
usage=# SELECT * FROM test;
 id |   content
 1 | first stuff
(1 row)

The second INSERT statement fails. If you would go further with insert statements and then fire a COMMIT at the end, nothing would be inserted into the table. But if you fire a ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT s1, at least the data of the first INSERT statement are written.

So maybe this is a start help for creating some logic to get something like 'on error resume next'.

Cheers

Andy

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: