Re: compiling odbc x64 on windows

От Jasmin Dizdarevic
Тема Re: compiling odbc x64 on windows
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

i didn't know that...thank you very much!
Just another question. Is there something like linkedserver in mssql for pgsql available? does pglink support the connection to other dbms?

ty

2009/7/21 Jeff Crumbley <jeffc@iils.com>

64-bit driver and setup instructions here:

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/46-Setting-up-PostgreSQL-as-a-Linked-Server-in-Microsoft-SQL-Server-64-bit.html

Jeff

From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Jasmin Dizdarevic
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:22 PM
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [ODBC] compiling odbc x64 on windows

hi,

because there is no x64-version of the odbc-driver out there i want to compile it myself.

I've already compiled the 32-bit driver and now I'm going further.

I've got two questions:

1.) do i need x64 openssl for compiling?

2.) if you install the odbc-driver regulary from the msi-package there are some other dll-files in the installation\bin folder.

do i need x64-versions of these files also?

i know that the 32bit-driver works on 64bit-machines, but i always have to run all applications in 32bit-mode to use the pgsql-odbc-driver.

that's not very sexy.

thank you.