Re: Problems Importing table to pgadmin

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Problems Importing table to pgadmin
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/7/2016 4:02 PM, metaresolve wrote:
> I used to use Access to do my data crunching, matching, and cleaning at my
> old job. I worked with a max of 600k records so Access could handle it. I
> know, lame, but it's what I knew.

Access is really 2 completely different things bundled.   One is that
rather weak and poor "Jet" sorta-relational database that sorta
implements a subset of SQL.     The other is a database application
development system oriented around forms and reports.

> My thought was to use postgreSQL as a kind of more advanced Access that I
> could use to crunch numbers on similarly. However, My file has 1.1M records
> on it and pgadmin seems to be choking on it.

Postgres, on a properly scaled and tuned database server, can handle
billions of records.   Obviously, doing something silly like querying
all billions at once will never be fast, thats a lot of data to marshal
and process.

Сообщение: Re: Problems Importing table to pgadmin
Сообщение: Re: Problems Importing table to pgadmin