Error while installing Postgresql

От Wetmore, Matthew (CTR)
Тема Error while installing Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

I encountered this last week as well. (Windows 10 /64)

I don’t have admin priv. on my local laptop, but have elevated permissions in special folders.

Installed both 13.10 / 15  (from link on PG page to EDB) into my ‘elevated ‘ folder  (had to copy paste PATH into installer)

Ran great for a few days.

I don’t use it much, but both installations  railed.  Couldn’t start. Didn’t make sense to me (15 yr DBA) Didn’t take the time to investigate properly.

I used provided uninstaller and it uninstalled without error.

Reinstall attempt from orig D/L file.  And I got this mentioned error. 5-6 times (every time) with various ‘fiddling’ of windows settings, to no avail, and also no real error message besides above)

Next day I deleted orig installer files,  redownloaded installer (same versions), installed as above and worked on first try.

Now, there are a lot of moving parts on my corp development machine, so I just attrib to ‘Windows’ or an ‘corp update’ or something. ( I’m not a window guy, so I just shrug it off sometimes)

Sorry for the long tale without exact info, but may help someone.