Re: Allow tailoring of ICU locales with custom rules

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Allow tailoring of ICU locales with custom rules
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2023-02-06 at 22:16 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Right.  Here is a new patch with this fixed.

Thanks.  I played some more with it, and still are still some missing
odds and ends:

- There is a new option ICU_RULES to CREATE DATABASE, but it is not
  reflected in \h CREATE DATABASE.  sql_help_CREATE_DATABASE() needs to
  be amended.

- There is no way to show the rules except by querying "pg_collation" or
  "pg_database".  I think it would be good to show the rules with
  \dO+ and \l+.

- If I create a collation "x" with RULES and then create a database
  with "ICU_LOCALE x", the rules are not copied over.

  I don't know if that is intended or not, but it surprises me.
  Should that be a WARNING?  Or, since creating a database with a collation
  that does not exist in "template0" doesn't make much sense (or does it?),
  is there a way to forbid that?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe