Best way to fix Error: could not access status of transaction?

От Paul McGarry
Тема Best way to fix Error: could not access status of transaction?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a database (8.1.10  via Ubuntu) that has started reporting:

<2008-01-08 08:51:14 EST|>ERROR:  could not access status of
transaction 707406378
<2008-01-08 08:51:14 EST|>DETAIL:  could not open file "pg_clog/02A2":
No such file or directory

when trying to do an autovacuum.

By vacuuming tables individually I have determined that the problem
occurs in a table that doesn't contain critical data (basically log
information that is kept for a month in case it is useful).

Posts I have found in the archive seem to advocate manually trying to
create the missing pg_clog file however I would prefer not to fiddle
with it manually if there is another way to clear the error.

Bearing in mind that I don't particularly need the data in that table
can I simply truncate it or drop/recreate it to clear the above error?

Paul