Re: Migrate Store Procedure Sybase to PostgreSQL

От Marius Žalinauskas
Тема Re: Migrate Store Procedure Sybase to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Marc Spitzer wrote:
> Yamil Bendek wrote:
>> I need to migrate a Sybase Database to PostgreSQL, In the Sybase DB we
>> have store procedure that return result Sets, how can i to migrate
>> these store procedure?????????
>
> you could try storing the result in a tmp table and returning the
> name of the table.  I dont think you can return a result set from
> a stored procedure.

Somewhere in documentation I found that it could return one column from SQL
function, but that's all it can do. What a shame.

Anyway, it's a design flaw that needed to be fixed a long time ago. I hope
it it will be done in v7.2 (it would be nice to hear some developer here
too).

--
Marius Žalinauskas