Re: CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 25, 2024 at 03:09:09PM +0100, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
> Scratch that, I misread the diff. The tab completion has been there
> since matviews were added in commit 3bf3ab8c5636, but the restriction on
> unlogged matviews was added later in commit 3223b25ff73, which failed to
> update the tab completion code to match.

As noted a few years ago [0], the commit message for 3223b25ff73 indicates
this was intentional:

    I left the grammar and tab-completion support for CREATE UNLOGGED
    MATERIALIZED VIEW in place, since it's harmless and allows delivering a
    more specific error message about the unsupported feature.

However, since it looks like the feature was never actually supported in a
release, and the revert has been in place for over a decade, I think it'd
be reasonable to remove the tab completion now.  It looks like the folks on
the 2021 thread felt similarly.

[0] https://postgr.es/m/flat/ZR0P278MB092093E92263DE16734208A5D2C59%40ZR0P278MB0920.CHEP278.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

--
nathan