Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 01, 2024 at 08:40:17PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> While this won't actually fail against a v10 or v11 server, it won't
> show anything useful either (because relam is zero for heaps in
> pre-v12 versions).  Perhaps there should be a check to only add the
> extra column if server >= v12?

I've thought about that and would be OK to restrict things with this
suggestion if you'd prefer it.  However, I could not decide in favor
of it as using a psql \dP+ >= v18 gives the possibility to show the
AMs of partitioned indexes, as these are also part listed in \dP.  So
I've found that useful in itself.
--
Michael

Вложения