Re: improve predefined roles documentation

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: improve predefined roles documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 12:16:30PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> pg_database_owner is a predefined role for which membership consists,
> implicitly, of the current database owner. It cannot be granted
> membership in any role, and no role can be granted membership in
> pg_database_owner. However, like any role, it can own objects or
> receive grants of access privileges. Consequently, once
> pg_database_owner has rights within a template database, each owner of
> a database instantiated from that template will exercise those rights.
> Initially, this role owns the public schema, so each database owner
> governs local use of the schema.

The main difference between this and the existing documentation is that the
sentence on membership has been rephrased and moved to earlier in the
paragraph.  I think this helps the logical flow a bit.  We first talk about
implicit membership, then explicit membership, then we talk about
privileges and the consequences of those privileges, and finally we talk
about the default privileges.  So, WFM.

--
nathan