Re: use CREATE DATABASE STRATEGY = FILE_COPY in pg_upgrade

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: use CREATE DATABASE STRATEGY = FILE_COPY in pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 11, 2024 at 10:39:51AM +0200, Matthias van de Meent wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2024 at 04:01, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It looks like pg_dump always uses template0, so AFAICT we don't even need
>> the suggested manual checkpoint after restoring template1.
>
> Thanks for reminding me. It seems I misunderstood the reason why we
> first process template1 in create_new_objects, as I didn't read the
> comments thoroughly enough.

Actually, I think you are right that we need a manual checkpoint, except I
think we need it to be after prepare_new_globals().  set_frozenxids()
connects to each database (including template0) and updates a bunch of
pg_class rows, and we probably want those on disk before we start copying
the files to create all the user's databases.

--
nathan

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility