Re: Volatile write caches on macOS and Windows, redux

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Volatile write caches on macOS and Windows, redux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 14, 2024 at 01:12:05PM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Short sales pitch for these patches:
>
> * the default settings eat data on Macs and Windows
> * nobody understands what wal_sync_method=fsync_writethrough means anyway
> * it's a weird kludge that it affects not only WAL, let's clean that up

I recently started using macOS for hacking on Postgres and noticed this
problem, so I was delighted to find this thread.  I intend to review
further soon, but +1 for improving the default settings.  I think we might
also need some additional fcntl(F_FULLFSYNC) calls in sync_pgdata(),
sync_dir_recurse(), etc., which are used by initdb, pg_basebackup, and
more.

--
Nathan Bossart

Сообщение: Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15
Сообщение: Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15