Re: Partial aggregates pushdown

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Partial aggregates pushdown
Дата
Re: Partial aggregates pushdown
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 27, 2024 at 09:30:59PM +0000, Fujii.Yuki@df.MitsubishiElectric.co.jp wrote:
> Hi Mr. Pyhalov.
>
> Sorry for the late reply.
> Thank you for your modification and detailed review.
> I attach a fixed patch, have been not yet rebased.

I know this patch was discussed at the Vancouver conference.  What are
the open issues?  I know of several:

*  add tests that were requested by Fujii-san and now posted by
   Alexander Pyhalov
*  Where is the documentation?  I know the original patch had some, and
   I improved it, but it seems to be missing.
*  Passes unsafe binary data from the foreign server.

Can someone show me where that last item is in the patch, and why can't
we just pass back values cast to text?