Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD on partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 02, 2024 at 01:06:06AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> AFAICS, e2395cdbe posits that taking exclusive lock on pg_am in the
> middle of a bunch of concurrent regression scripts couldn't possibly
> cause any problems.  Really?

There is no need for a catalog here to trigger the failure, and it
would have happened as long as a foreign table is used.  The problem
introduced in 374c7a229042 fixed by e2395cdbe83a comes from a thinko
on my side, my apologies for that and the delay in replying.  Thanks
for the extra fix done in 13b3b62746ec, Alvaro.
--
Michael

Вложения