Re: Statistics Import and Export

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Statistics Import and Export
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 01, 2024 at 01:21:53PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm not sure.  I think if we put our heads down we could finish
> the changes I'm suggesting and resolve the other issues this week.
> However, it is starting to feel like the sort of large, barely-ready
> patch that we often regret cramming in at the last minute.  Maybe
> we should agree that the first v18 CF would be a better time to
> commit it.

There are still 4 days remaining, so there's still time, but my
overall experience on the matter with my RMT hat on is telling me that
we should not rush this patch set.  Redesigning portions close to the
end of a dev cycle is not a good sign, I am afraid, especially if the
sub-parts of the design don't fit well in the global picture as that
could mean more maintenance work on stable branches in the long term.
Still, it is very good to be aware of the problems because you'd know
what to tackle to reach the goals of this patch set.
--
Michael

Вложения