Re: Silence Meson warning on HEAD

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Silence Meson warning on HEAD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 01, 2024 at 06:46:01PM -0500, Tristan Partin wrote:
> 1. version-check.diff
>
> Wrap the offending line in a Meson version check.
>
> 2. perl-string.diff
>
> Pass the perl program as a string via its .path() method.
>
> 3. meson-bump.diff
>
> Bump the minimum meson version from 0.54 to 0.55, at least.

Among these three options, 2) seems like the most appealing to me at
this stage of the development cycle.  Potential breakages and more
backpatch fuzz is never really appealing even if meson is a rather new
thing, particularly considering that there is a simple solution that
does not require a minimal version bump.

> Seems like as good an opportunity to bump Meson to 0.56 for Postgres 17,
> which I have found to exist in the EPEL for RHEL 7. I don't know what
> version exists in the base repo. Perhaps it is 0.55, which would still get
> rid of the aforementioned warning.

Perhaps we could shave even more versions for PG18 if it helps with
future development?
--
Michael

Вложения