Re: doc issues in event-trigger-matrix.html

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: doc issues in event-trigger-matrix.html
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 08:00:00AM +0800, jian he wrote:
> I think the "X" and "-" mean in this matrix [0] is not very intuitive.
> mainly because "X" tends to mean negative things in most cases.
> we can write a sentence saying "X"  means this, "-" means that.
>
> or maybe Check mark [1] and Cross mark [2]  are more universal.
> and we can use these marks.
>
> "Only for local objects"
> is there any reference explaining "local objects"?
> I think local object means objects that only affect one single database?

It is true that in Japan the cross mark refers to a negation, and
that's the opposite in France: I would put a cross on a table in the
case where something is supported.  I've never seen anybody complain
about the format of these tables, FWIW, but if these were to be
changed, the update should happen across the board for all the tables
and not only one.

Using ASCII characters also has the advantage to make the maintenance
clightly easier, in my opinion, because there is no translation effort
between these special characters and their XML equivalent, like "<"
<-> "<".
--
Michael

Вложения