Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 08:49:34AM -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 09:04:44AM +0000, Bertrand Drouvot wrote:
>> +# Ensure that the wait events under the "Backpatch" delimiter are placed in the
>> +# same order as in the pre 17 wait_event_types.h (see VERSION_FILE_SYNC as an
>> +# example).
>
> I expect the normal practice will be to put the entry in its natural position
> in git master, then put it in the backpatch section for any other branch.  In
> other words, the backpatch regions are always empty in git master, and the
> non-backpatch regions change in master only.

Yes, I'd expect the same experience.  And it is very important to
document that properly in the txt file.  I don't see a need to specify
any version numbers as well, that's less burden when bumping the major
version number on the master branch every year.
--
Michael

Вложения