Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 05, 2024 at 05:18:08PM +0900, Sutou Kouhei wrote:
> I'll send the following patches after this patch is
> merged.

I am not sure that my schedule is on track to allow that for this
release, unfortunately, especially with all the other items to review
and discuss to make this thread feature-complete.  There should be
a bit more than four weeks until the feature freeze (date not set in
stone, should be around the 8th of April AoE), but I have less than
the half due to personal issues.  Perhaps if somebody jumps on this
thread, that will be possible..

> They are based on the v6 patch[1]:
>
> 1. Add copy_handler
>    * This also adds a pg_proc lookup for custom FORMAT
>    * This also adds a test for copy_handler
> 2. Export CopyToStateData
>    * We need it to implement custom copy TO handler
> 3. Add needed APIs to implement custom copy TO handler
>    * Add CopyToStateData::opaque
>    * Export CopySendEndOfRow()
> 4. Export CopyFromStateData
>    * We need it to implement custom copy FROM handler
> 5. Add needed APIs to implement custom copy FROM handler
>    * Add CopyFromStateData::opaque
>    * Export CopyReadBinaryData()

Hmm.  Sounds like a good plan for a split.
--
Michael

Вложения