Re: UUID v7

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: UUID v7
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 11:27:43PM +0500, Andrey M. Borodin wrote:
> Sorry for this long and vague explanation, if it still seems too
> uncertain we can have a chat or something like that. I don't think
> this number picking stuff deserve to be commented, because it still
> is quite close to random. RFC gives us too much freedom of choice.

Speaking about the RFC, I can see that there is a draft but nothing
formal yet.  The last one I can see is v14 from last November:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-uuidrev-rfc4122bis-14

It does not strike me as a good idea to rush an implementation without
a specification officially approved because there is always a risk of
shipping something that's non-compliant into core.  But perhaps I am
missing something on the RFC side?
--
Michael

Вложения