Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 03, 2024 at 03:44:34PM -0600, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 03, 2024 at 11:40:00PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
>> Do you have any thoughts on reverting 007693f and introducing
>> invalidation_reason?
>
> Unless I am misinterpreting some details, ISTM we could rename this column
> to invalidation_reason and use it for both logical and physical slots.  I'm
> not seeing a strong need for another column.  Perhaps I am missing
> something...

And also, please don't be hasty in taking a decision that would
involve a revert of 007693f without informing the committer of this
commit about that.  I am adding Amit Kapila in CC of this thread for
awareness.
--
Michael

Вложения