Re: Returning non-terminated string in ECPG Informix-compatible function

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Returning non-terminated string in ECPG Informix-compatible function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 05:17:17PM +0700, Oleg Tselebrovskiy wrote:
> Thanks for review!

dt_common.c is quite amazing, the APIs that we have in it rely on
strcpy() but we have no idea of the length of the buffer string given
in input to store the result.  This would require breaking the
existing APIs or inventing new ones to be able to plug some safer
strlcpy() calls.  Not sure if it's really worth bothering.  For now,
I've applied the OOM checks on HEAD and the fix with the null
termination on all stable branches.
--
Michael

Вложения