Re: Fix incorrect PG_GETARG in pgcrypto

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Fix incorrect PG_GETARG in pgcrypto
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 05:36:36PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> You've indeed grabbed some historical inconsistencies here.  Please
> note that your patch has reversed diffs (for example, the SQL
> definition of pgp_sym_encrypt_bytea uses bytea,text,text as arguments
> and your resulting patch shows how HEAD does the job with
> bytea,bytea,bytea), but perhaps you have generated it with a command
> like `git diff -R`?

The reversed part of the patch put aside aside, I've double-checked
your patch and the inconsistencies seem to be all addressed in this
area.

The symmetry that we have now between the bytea and text versions of
the functions is stunning, but I cannot really get excited about
merging all of them either as it would imply a bump of pgcrypto to
update the prosrc of these functions, and we have to maintain runtime
compatibility with older versions.
--
Michael

Вложения