Re: Add \syncpipeline command to pgbench

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add \syncpipeline command to pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 09:48:28AM +0100, Anthonin Bonnefoy wrote:
> PQsendSyncMessage() was added in
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/46/4262/. It allows users to add a
> Sync message without flushing the buffer.
>
> As a follow-up, this change adds an additional meta-command to
> pgbench, \syncpipeline, which will call PQsendSyncMessage(). This will
> make it possible to benchmark impact and improvements of using
> PQsendSyncMessage through pgbench.

Thanks for sending that as a separate patch.

As a matter of fact, I have already looked at what you are proposing
here for the sake of the other thread when checking the difference in
numbers with PQsendSyncMessage().  The logic looks sound, but I have a
comment about the docs: could it be better to group \syncpipeline with
\startpipeline and \endpipeline?  \syncpipeline requires a pipeline to
work.
--
Michael

Вложения