Re: Custom explain options

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Custom explain options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 01:29:30PM +0700, Andrei Lepikhov wrote:
> What do you think about this really useful feature? Do you wish to develop
> it further?

I am biased here.  This seems like a lot of code for something we've
been delegating to the explain hook for ages.  Even if I can see the
appeal of pushing that more into explain.c to get more data on a
per-node basis depending on the custom options given by the caller of
an EXPLAIN entry point, I cannot get really excited about the extra
maintenance this facility would involve compared to the potential
gains, knowing that there's a hook.
--
Michael

Вложения