Re: pg_basebackup

От Christoph Moench-Tegeder
Тема Re: pg_basebackup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
## Matthias Apitz (guru@unixarea.de):

> 2023-11-16 20:34:13.538 CET [6250] LOG:  terminating walsender process due to replication timeout

Besides "what Lauenz said" (especially about the horribly ooutdated
PostgreSQL version): check IO speed and saturation during backup
and make sure you're not stalling. I've seen this beaviour a few
times, mostly in conjunction with btrfs - using a suitably proven
filesystem usually solved the problem (overloaded hardware can
be a problem, too - but modern systems can take quite a bit more
than in the olden days of spinning rust).

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space.