Re: mxid_age() and age(xid) appear undocumented

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: mxid_age() and age(xid) appear undocumented
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul  5, 2018 at 01:30:22PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 12:36 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 11:18 PM, David Rowley
> > <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >> I see d692308cf494f6126 mentions mxid_age() in passing, but there
> >> appears to be no formal definition of either of these functions.
> >>
> >> Should there be?
> >
> > It seems like a good idea to me.
>
> +1

I looked into this and all the 4-byte xid functions are marked as
deprecated for the 8-byte variants.  I don't think documenting 4-byte
mxid_age() and age(xid) makes sense anymore, and I don't see their value
enough to create 8-byte versions, so I just added C comments that they
were undocumented, in the attached patch.

Вложения