Re: meson documentation build open issues

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: meson documentation build open issues
Дата
Re: meson documentation build open issues  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Peter Eisentraut
> > If the problem is broken doc patches, then maybe a solution is to
> > include the `xmllint --noout --valid` target in whatever the check-world
> > equivalent is for meson.  Looking at doc/src/sgml/meson.build, we don't
> > seem to do that anywhere.  Doing the no-output lint run is very fast
> > (375ms real time in my machine, whereas "make html" takes 27s).
>
> This would be a start, but it wouldn't cover everything.  Lately, we require
> id attributes on certain elements, which is checked on the XSLT level.

I'd think there should be a catchy "make check-world"-equivalent that
does run all reasonable check that we can tell people to run by
default. Then if that takes too long, we could still offer
alternatives that exclude some areas. If it's the other way round,
some areas will never be checked widely.

Christoph