Re: meson documentation build open issues

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: meson documentation build open issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Andres Freund
> > We might get around that by introducing a new postgresql-manpages-XX
> > arch:all package, but that might be too much micropackaging.
>
> I've not done packaging in, uh, a fair while, but isn't the common solution to
> that a -common package? There might be a few more files we could put itno one.

True. /usr/share/postgresql/17/ is 4.2MB here, with 1.5MB manpages,
1.1MB /extensions/ and some other bits. Will consider, thanks.

> > > +     <varlistentry id="configure-with-sepgsql-meson">
> > > +      <listitem>
> > > +       <para>
> > > +        Build with selinux support, enabling the <xref linkend="sepgsql"/>
> > > +        extension.
> >
> > This option defaults to ... auto?
>
> Not quite sure what you mean? Today it defaults to disabled, a patch changing
> that should also change the docs?

What I failed to say is that the other options document what the
default it, this one doesn't yet.

Christoph