Re: pgBufferUsage.blk_{read|write}_time are zero although there are pgBufferUsage.local_blks_{read|written}

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgBufferUsage.blk_{read|write}_time are zero although there are pgBufferUsage.local_blks_{read|written}
Дата
Ответ на Re: pgBufferUsage.blk_{read|write}_time are zero although there are pgBufferUsage.local_blks_{read|written}  (hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com>)
Ответы Re: pgBufferUsage.blk_{read|write}_time are zero although there are pgBufferUsage.local_blks_{read|written}  (hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 30, 2023 at 03:14:16PM +0100, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> some things will definitely break, but that's 100% OK. The change seems
> needed, and I can update my parser to deal with it :)

Thanks for the input.  I was looking yesterday if this code was
available somewhere, but couldn't find it..  Until this morning:
https://gitlab.com/depesz/explain.depesz.com.git

And..  It looks like things would become better if we change
"shared/local" to "shared", because the parsing code seems to have an
issue once you add a '/'.  All the fields in I/O Timings are
considered as part of a Node, and they're just included in the output.
Now, pasting a plan that includes "shared/local" drops entirely the
string from the output result, so some information is lost.  In short,
imagine that we have the following string in a node:
I/O Timings: shared/local write=23.77

This would show up like that, meaning that the context where the
write/read timings happened is lost:
I/O Timings: write=23.77

If we switch back to "shared", the context would be kept around.  Of
course, this does not count for all the parsers that may be out
there, but at least that's something.
--
Michael

Вложения