Re: LLVM 16 (opaque pointers)

От Mark Wong
Тема Re: LLVM 16 (opaque pointers)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 10:17:22AM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 4:27 AM Mark Wong <markwkm@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I haven't gotten around to disabling llvm on any of my animals with llvm
> > < 7 yet.  Do you still want to hold on that?
>
> Yes, please disable --with-llvm on s390x and POWER animals with LLVM <
> 7 (see below).  Also, you have a bunch of machines with LLVM 16 that
> are failing to compile on REL_11_STABLE.  That is expected, because we
> agreed not to back-patch the LLVM 16 API changes into REL_11_STABLE:
>
> > kingsnake: 16.0.6 Fedora Linux 38
> > krait: CentOS 16.0.6 Stream 8
> > lancehead: CentOS 16.0.6 Stream 8

I should have updated these to not use --with-llvm for REL_11_STABLE.

> These POWER machines fail as expected, and it's unfixable:
>
> > elasmobranch: 5.0.1 openSUSE Leap 15.0
> > demoiselle: 5.0.1 openSUSE Leap 15.0
> > cavefish: 6.0.0 Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS

These should now be updated to not use --with-llvm at all.

> These s390x animals are failing, but don't show the layout complaint.
> I can see that LLVM 6 also lacked a case for s390x in
> llvm::orc::createLocalIndirectStubsManagerBuilder(), the thing that
> was fixed in 7 with the addition of a default case.  Therefore these
> presumably fail just like old LLVM on POWER, and it's unfixable.  So I
> suggest turning off --with-llvm on these two:
>
> > cotinga: 6.0.0 Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
> > perch: 6.0.0 Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS

Ok, I should have removed --with-llvm here too.

> This s390x animal doesn't actually have --with-llvm enabled so it
> passes, but surely it'd be just like lora:
>
> > mamushi: 15.0.7 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9.2

Oops, I think I added it now.

I think I made all the recommended changes, and trimmed out the lines
where I didn't need to do anything. :)

Andres pointed out to me that my animals aren't set up to collect core
file so I'm also trying to update that too...

Regards,
Mark