Re: LLVM 16 (opaque pointers)

От Mark Wong
Тема Re: LLVM 16 (opaque pointers)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 21, 2023 at 10:48:47AM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 6:20 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Interestingly, a new problem just showed up on the the RHEL9 s390x
> > machine "lora", where a previously reported problem [1] apparently
> > re-appeared.  It complains about incompatible layout, previously
> > blamed on mismatch between clang and LLVM versions.  I can see that
> > its clang is v15 from clues in the conflig log, but I don't know which
> > version of LLVM is being used.  However, I see now that --with-llvm
> > was literally just turned on, so there is no reason to think that this
> > would have worked before or this work is relevant.  Strange though --
> > we must be able to JIT further than that on s390x because we have
> > crash reports in other threads (ie we made it past this and into other
> > more advanced brokenness).
>
> I see that Mark has also just enabled --with-llvm on some POWER Linux
> animals, and they have failed in various ways.  The failures are
> strangely lacking in detail.  It seems we didn't have coverage before,
> and I recall that there were definitely versions of LLVM that *didn't*
> work for our usage in the past, which I'll need to dredge out of the
> archives.  I will try to get onto a cfarm POWER machine and see if I
> can reproduce that, before and after these commits, and whose bug is
> it etc.

Yeah, I'm slowing enabling --with-llvm on POWER, s390x, and aarch64 (but
none here yet as I write this)...

> I doubt I can get anywhere near an s390x though, and we definitely had
> pre-existing problems on that arch.

If you want to send me your ssh key, I have access to these systems
through OSUOSL and LinuxFoundation programs.

Regards,
Mark

--
Mark Wong
EDB https://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: LLVM 16 (opaque pointers)
Сообщение: Re: LLVM 16 (opaque pointers)