Re: pgBufferUsage.blk_{read|write}_time are zero although there are pgBufferUsage.local_blks_{read|written}

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgBufferUsage.blk_{read|write}_time are zero although there are pgBufferUsage.local_blks_{read|written}
Дата
Ответы Re: pgBufferUsage.blk_{read|write}_time are zero although there are pgBufferUsage.local_blks_{read|written}  (hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 04:58:20PM +0300, Nazir Bilal Yavuz wrote:
> I think switching it to 'shared' makes sense. That shouldn't confuse
> existing monitoring queries much as the numbers won't change, right?
> Also, if we keep 'shared/local' there could be similar complaints to
> this thread in the future; so, at least adding comments can be
> helpful.

The problem is that it may impact existing tools that do explain
output deparsing.  One of them is https://explain.depesz.com/ that
Hubert Depesz Lubaczewski has implemented, and it would be sad to
break anything related to it.

I am adding Hubert in CC for comments about changing this
"shared/local" to "shared" on a released branch.  Knowing that
"shared" and "local" will need to be handled as separate terms in 17~
anyway, perhaps that's not a big deal, but let's be sure.
--
Michael

Вложения