Re: Add support for AT LOCAL

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add support for AT LOCAL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 15, 2023 at 11:30:17PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> writes:
>> If that can be shown I would vote for switching to /opt/IBM/xlc/16.1.0
>> and not changing a single bit of PostgreSQL.
>
> If switching to 16.1 removes the failure, I'd agree.  It's hard
> to believe that any significant number of users still care about
> building PG with xlc 12.

FWIW, I really wish that we were less conservative here and just drop
that rather than waste resources in debugging things.

Now, I'm also OK to put this one aside and put a WHERE clause to
timetz_local_view to only fetch one value, as the test has the same
value as long as we check that AT LOCAL converts the result to UTC for
the three expression patterns tested.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Rename backup_label to recovery_control
Сообщение: Re: Rename backup_label to recovery_control