Re: [PoC/RFC] Multiple passwords, interval expirations

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [PoC/RFC] Multiple passwords, interval expirations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct  8, 2023 at 10:24:42AM -0700, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 6, 2023 at 1:46 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Oct  6, 2023 at 01:20:03PM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> > > The basic problem, as I see it, is: how do we keep users from
> > > accidentally dropping the wrong password? Generated unique names or
> >
> > I thought we could auto-remove old password if the valid-until date is
> > in the past.
>
> Autoremoving expired passwords will surprise users, and not in a good
> way. Making a password, even an expired one, disappear from the system
> will lead to astonishment. Among uses of an expired password are cases
> of it acting like a tombstone, and the case where the user may want to
> extend the validity of a password, instead of having to create a new
> one and change application configuration(s) to specify the new
> password.

I was speaking of autoremoving in cases where we are creating a new one,
and taking the previous new one and making it the old one, if that was
not clear.

Сообщение: Re: [PoC/RFC] Multiple passwords, interval expirations
Сообщение: Re: [PoC/RFC] Multiple passwords, interval expirations