Re: Could not run generate_unaccent_rules.py script when update unicode

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Could not run generate_unaccent_rules.py script when update unicode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 10:43:40AM +0800, Japin Li wrote:
> # Allow running this even without --with-python
> PYTHON ?= python
>
> $(srcdir)/unaccent.rules: generate_unaccent_rules.py ../../src/common/unicode/UnicodeData.txt Latin-ASCII.xml
>         $(PYTHON) $< --unicode-data-file $(word 2,$^) --latin-ascii-file $(word 3,$^) >$@
>
> It use python to run generate_unaccent_rules.py, However, the ?= operator in
> Makefile only check variable is defined or not, but do not check variable is
> empty.  Since the PYTHON is defined in src/Makefile.global, so here PYTHON
> get empty when without --with-ptyhon.

I am not sure that many people run this script frequently so that may
not be worth adding a check for a defined, still empty or incorrect
value, but..  If you were to change the Makefile we use in this path,
how are you suggesting to change it?
--
Michael

Вложения