Re: GUC for temporarily disabling event triggers

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: GUC for temporarily disabling event triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 22, 2023 at 05:29:01PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Since the main driver for this is to reduce the usage/need for single-user mode
> I also reworded the patch slightly.  Instead of phrasing this as an alternative
> to single-user mode, I reversed it such that single-user mode is an alternative
> to this GUC.

Okay.

+       be disabled by setting it to <literal>false</literal>. Setting the value
+       to <literal>true</literal> will not disable any event triggers, this

This uses a double negation.  Perhaps just "Setting this value to true
allows all event triggers to run."

003_check_guc.pl has detected a failure because event_triggers is
missing in postgresql.conf.sample while it is not marked with
GUC_NOT_IN_SAMPLE anymore.

Keeping the docs consistent with the sample file, I would suggest the
attached on top of your v9.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Fix bug in VACUUM and ANALYZE docs
Сообщение: Re: Fix bug in VACUUM and ANALYZE docs