Re: Bug fix in vacuumdb --buffer-usage-limit xxx -Z

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Bug fix in vacuumdb --buffer-usage-limit xxx -Z
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 10:44:49AM +0900, Ryoga Yoshida wrote:
> When --buffer-usage-limit option is specified, vacuumdb issues VACUUM or
> VACUUM ANALYZE command with BUFFER_USAGE_LIMIT option. Also if
> --buffer-usage-limit and -Z options are specified, vacuumdb should issue
> ANALYZE command with BUFFER_USAGE_LIMIT option. But it does not. That is,
> vacuumdb -Z seems to fail to handle --buffer-usage-limit option. This seems
> a bug.
>
> You can see my patch in the attached file and how it works by adding -e
> option in vacuumdb.

Good catch, indeed the option is missing from the ANALYZE commands
built under analyze_only.  I can also notice that we have no tests for
this option in src/bin/scripts/t checking the shape of the commands
generated.  Could you add something for ANALYZE and VACUUM?  The
option could just be appended in one of the existing cases, for
instance.
--
Michael

Вложения