Re: [BackendXidGetPid] only access allProcs when xid matches

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [BackendXidGetPid] only access allProcs when xid matches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 07, 2023 at 04:34:20PM +0530, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> I would still love to see some numbers. It's not that hard. Either
> using my micro benchmark or Michael's. We may or may not see an
> improvement. But at least we tried. But Michael feels otherwise,
> changing it to RoC is fine.

I have hardcoded a small SQL function that calls BackendXidGetPid() in
a tight loop a few hundred millions of times, and I see no difference
in runtime between HEAD and the patch under -O2.  The argument about
readability still applies for me, so applied.
--
Michael

Вложения