Re: persist logical slots to disk during shutdown checkpoint

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: persist logical slots to disk during shutdown checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 07, 2023 at 11:56:28AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> Thanks, the patch looks good to me as well.

+   /* This is used to track the last saved confirmed_flush LSN value */
+   XLogRecPtr  last_saved_confirmed_flush;

This does not feel sufficient, as the comment explaining what this
variable does uses the same terms as the variable name (aka it is the
last save of the confirmed_lsn).  Why it it here and why it is useful?
In which context and/or code paths is it used?  Okay, there are some
explanations when saving a slot, restoring a slot or when a checkpoint
processes slots, but it seems important to me to document more things
in ReplicationSlot where this is defined.

(Just passing by, I have not checked the patch logic in details but
that looks under-documented to me.)
--
Michael

Вложения