Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 04, 2023 at 11:51:14AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> +1 for doing it via function (something like
> binary_upgrade_create_sub_rel_state). We already have the internal
> function AddSubscriptionRelState() that can do the core work.

It is one of these patches that I have let aside for too long, and it
solves a use-case of its own.  I think that I could hack that pretty
quickly given that Julien has done a bunch of the ground work.  Would
you agree with that?

> Like the publisher-side upgrade patch [1], I think we should allow
> upgrading subscriptions by default instead with some flag like
> --preserve-subscription-state. If required, we can introduce --exclude
> option for upgrade. Having it just for pg_dump sounds reasonable to
> me.
>
> [1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/TYAPR01MB58664C81887B3AF2EB6B16E3F5939%40TYAPR01MB5866.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com

In the interface of the publisher for pg_upgrade agreed on and set in
stone?  I certainly agree to have a consistent upgrade experience for
the two sides of logical replication, publications and subscriptions.
Also, I'd rather have a filtering option at the same time as the
upgrade option to give more control to users from the start.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication