Re: DecodeInterval fixes

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: DecodeInterval fixes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 10:42:31AM -0700, Jacob Champion wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 10:19 AM Reid Thompson <jreidthompson@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>> I made a another pass through the separated patches, it looks good to
>> me.
>
> LGTM too. (Thanks Tom for the clarification on ECPG.)

+SELECT INTERVAL '42 days 2 seconds ago ago';
+SELECT INTERVAL '2 minutes ago 5 days';
[...]
+SELECT INTERVAL 'hour 5 months';
+SELECT INTERVAL '1 year months days 5 hours';

0002 and 0003 make this stuff fail, but isn't there a risk that this
breaks applications that relied on these accidental behaviors?
Assuming that this is OK makes me nervous.
--
Michael

Вложения