Re: Which Front End for Postgresql

От Michelle Murrain
Тема Re: Which Front End for Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Al Frick wrote:

> Which software should I use for a front end for Postgresql?  I know I
> need an admistrator package for the databases, don't I?
>
> What about which software to write the enduser routines?  The input
> screens, etc?
>
> come to think of it, what software should I use for reporting on the
> internal network?
>
> And what should I use for publishing data on the Net?

The first question is - what's the platform? If it's UNIX - there is
pg_access - an X based front end. Of course psql is a the text-based front
end, and it works pretty well.

You can use Access, or any other ODBC compliant database system as a front
end for postgresql too.

Basically, you can pretty much use anything that you are used to, or have
access to, to do front-end or back-end work with Postgres. I use mostly
perl.

Michelle